Baby F, also known as pi, piglet, turtle, squealer, piekin, little one and stinker, is six weeks old today! I realise that I haven’t posted in roughly three weeks and I apologise for that. Time flies when you’re having fun. And you understand that when I say ‘fun’ this is shorthand for a whole lot more. Yes it’s great when she’s smiling and gurgling and also sleeping. Not such fun when she’s yelling blue murder.
So because I realise that I won’t get round to posting anything serious anytime soon, I thought I’d just jot down a few notes on the pi.
1. She’s a very noisy drinker and perhaps because there’s a lot of milk which she’s drinking quickly she tends to slurp a lot.
2. I’m not sure why it’s so difficult to post at the moment. I think there was initially a sense of ‘this is private’ and we didn’t feel comfortable sharing pictures of her with the blogging world. But I’m over that now.
3. This past long weekend we went to Hermanus (to L’s parent’s house) and this was pi’s first holiday by the sea. She loved it and when she wasn’t wearing her cute sundress and hat she spent her time sleeping. She was also quite crabby when she came back home (and dad also had a meltdown yesterday from a combination of tiredness, anxiety and general stress). We won’t talk about that now (but sorry L if you get to read this!)
4. I’ve read about mothers and grandmothers making a big show of how ugly their babies are so that the evil spirits will not take them away. Oh you don’t want this baby. This baby is as ugly as can be. And then quietly to the baby they will say that actually she is the cutest little thing that ever there was. Well I am biased because I think she is very cute.
5. Enough chatter from me. I’ll let Baby F steal the show on her own. Lots of hair in case you were wondering and she has nails to match.