Seen this at quite a few sites (first at Charlotte’s blog) and the surprise is that they left out three (rather odd) questions. Trust me, you won’t miss the three omitted ones.
1. My uncle once: climbed the drainpipe up to his classroom with a sackful of Cokes.
2. Never in my life: have I been to South America.
3. When I was five: I wanted to go to Heaven.
4. High school was: not the best time of my life.
5. I will never forget: the kindness of my granny when I was growing up.
6. Once I met: Kylie Minogue at a bookshop, at least I’m pretty sure it was her.
7. There’s this girl I know: who has got it all together.
8. Once, at a bar: I kissed a complete stranger.
9. By noon, I’m usually: hungry.
10. Last night: I fell asleep with the light on after reading a book.
11. If only I had: lots of time (and money and inspiration) to write to my heart’s content.
12. Next time I go to church: will possibly be at Christmas.
13. What worries me most: is when I will be able to afford my own place again.
14. When I turn my head left I see: government-issue blinds, a government-issue filing cabinet and the light shining off some leaves through the window.
15. When I turn my head right I see: a computer screen that I don’t use, a telephone (fixed again – yay), a creme wall and some more blinds.
16. You know I’m lying when: I look more anxious than usual and talk really fast.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: making new friends at university.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: tragic (or possibly comic).
19. By this time next year: I will be free of the army and hopefully still employed.
20. A better name for me would be: I’m OK with this one thanks.
21. I have a hard time understanding: indifference (and enduring hatred).
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: do a Ph.D.
23. You know I like you if: I bake you something.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my parents most probably.
25. Take my advice, never: ignore your gut, it’s a tried and tested way of assessing how you feel.
26. My ideal breakfast is: coffee, croissants, fruit salad and yoghurt (with the right company and something enticing to read).
27. A song I love but do not have is: anything on Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” album.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: walk on the mountain (but don’t take valuables), drink sundowners at Clifton, eat out at a great restaurant and go to the District Six museum.
29. Why won’t people: take responsibility for their emotions?
30. If you spend a night at my house: you will have a very inquisitive dog who will sniff you, some talkative parents who will quiz you and you will wake up with a lovely view of the mountain.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: I’d rather not think about such an anxiety-inducing scenario!
32. The world could do without: religious intolerance.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat one (gross).
34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: at the moment that would be Mandy 😉 (with a golden retriever in second place)
35. Paper clips are more useful than: prestik.
36. If I do anything well it’s: procrastinate.
37. And by the way: I found this cartoonist the other day at http://www.mentalhealthhumor.com